Friday, November 23, 2007

BLOW, BLOW, BLOW, THOU WINTER WIND

Blow,blow,blow thou winter wind

"Perhaps I am a bear,
or some hibernating animal underneath,
for the instinct to be half asleep all winter
is so strong in me."
~~By Anne Morrow Lindbergh.~~


Ooohh…here we go again! Its winter! I just wish it snowed here! Till then, I am showering cotton around my house..he he..

Ugh..the saddest part however is..the tree in front of my house…*cries..sniff..sobs*…there are no leaves left on it..not even a single one..just three weeks ago..there were striking parakeets and parrots and squirrels fluttering here and there….how it looks withered…poor thing..how I stared it for hours when I had nothing to do!!

Now I hear the swish-swoosh of cold winds, sometimes unbearable but inevitable..

Nevertheless……I am loving it!! *No, no I am not eating a burger!!* ……Aagh the cold mornings….just the perfect time when you love your blankets more than anything else in the world!
And and…when the warm sunbeams fall on me, I feel…mnmn…paradise!!!!…..never did I love the sun sooooo much!!
What more? The only season when you save electricity..(no, I don’t use heaters!!)

And and….the insects and animals hibernate……what a relief from those troublesome pests..(Do you remember the grasshopper and the ant story..i don’t why I mentioned…I just remembered..:P)

Four months of sheer bliss for me….yeah!!!…I even love the clatter of my teeth….and those wintry nights…try cuddling up to someone you are affectionate with…da best panacea….cold buster you know…mesmerizing and divine….

I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure in the
landscape - the loneliness of it - the dead feeling of winter.
Something waits beneath it - the whole story doesn't show.
- Andrew W

4 Comments:

At November 23, 2007 at 11:01 PM , Blogger ραŁŁαv said...

winter= loads of sleep///
n that givs u another excuse not to get up in the mornin, rite?
yeah, but winter is the best time of the year...tho curse the cold wen u go to bath in cold water...n about the cuddlin thing..u r spot on!!!!!

 
At November 24, 2007 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Amandeep Singh said...

I know..
and its the perfect time once again to launch ur own.." Fall winter: collection

;)
he he
nice!

 
At November 25, 2007 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Abha said...

its going to be the best winter as it started early...i expect it to only get better till DEC31. ;)

 
At November 26, 2007 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Zahid said...

Winter !!!! I'm lovin it too...(And even i am not havin a burger!!!)

And at the Showering cotton

Wish i could do it here too...but *sigh* .... not that i don hav a cotton pillow nearme but you see i do live in a hostel and i will have to clear all the mess myself..

P.S : Manisha!! dont even think of replyin to this comment like this:
'And you thought my mother would lemme get away with what i did'

P.P.S : Read the P.S again !!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home