Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Inhibitions Of An Unhoroscopic Mind

Normally, I am not of the type who religiously adheres to the quotidian horoscopes in the newspapers. What I do sometimes is, let the whole day pass and then read them and then find out whether there was an iota of truth in it!! What happens is I inadvertently end up matching the forecast with what happened during the day!! So talking of this forecast believing thing, I believe I am an atheist when the subject happens to be horoscopes!!
People have nothing to do except reading those nincompoop dumb forecasts and follow them? Huh? And ya what about the people who write them? Mixing and matching stars and planets and moons and suns and blah blah blah!!! To hell with numerologists, palmists, and stone gurus!!! Maybe they have nothing to do or maybe they are friends with stars, no, I mean galactic stars. I have seen people frantically turning pages of newspaper until they reach their destination-TODAY’S HOROSCOPE & IF IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY TODAY (Gee, I am reminded of the song it’s your birthday). They might even not give similar importance to the morning tea!!!! You know it seems like some kind of drug addiction!! Really.
So one day what happens is my eyes meet the much-discussed-topic-above-by-me column and I shy away from it as if I am seeing into the eyes of my lover and lowering my eyelids!! And again cast my eyes on him to read what’s in them!!
Curiosity is not a sin. Remember the famous dialogue by Dumbledore??
So why not give vent to my curiosities and read my horoscope?? What say?
So it reads-LIBRA. Your work will get fragile by egoism. Relationships may get tense. Take care while traveling (Does that mean I shouldn’t get out of my house??). Get lucky with colors black and white. (Does that mean that other colors will bring hapless situations for me?). Unlucky numbers-3, 9, 8. Ok. Crap!!! There are much more in the world going on in this world which I have to catch up and here I am reading what?? Horoscopes!!!
Okay. Its time for college. What do I wear? Pink tee. My favorite color!! I hear my conscious saying ‘that’s unlucky!’ OMG. I better wear something, which is black in color!! My dear friend calls. Tells me to meet up at CCD. But I am really busy. What do I tell her? If I naysay won’t our relationship get tense? So I agree!!
So I gotta catch the bus. It arrives. No.-398. Huh!!! No ways I am catching this bus! What if an accident takes place? So do I take an auto and shell out 20rs. instead of 4rs. in the bus?? Ya that’s better!!! But traveling can lead to bad situations!!! Nevertheless I catch an auto. A fly sits on me. Oh god, what if it bites me? What if I get malaria? No, mosquitoes cause malaria! Some female anofels no anopheles mosquito causes that! Yes, I studied that in eighth standard! A fly?? A FLY frightens me???????
Merlin’s beard!!! Why are all the things falling in places?? Why am I going nuts? Why are my Mars, Jupiters, and Venuses etc acting against me? Why are they catching me up in the whirlwind of bad luck? Am I supposed to be doomed? Today? God forbid, what if something happens?? I am only 17!!!!ONLY 17!!
*********
END OF THE DAY!!
Phew that was a bad day!!!! Really bad! How could a mere horoscope have such effect on me? On an unhoroscopic mind. How?
But now its time to shred all my inhibitions!!! And ya I promise never ever to glance at those! @#$%^&* Horoscopes!!!! Why don’t people name them horroroscopes ha??

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2007 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Madhura said...

hey even i do the same!!!...let the whole day pass and end up comparing the horoscope with what happened during the day...!!!!!!!!!!

but normally...my horoscopes r too silly...'marriages or children in the waiting for u,take care of your eyes'...hahahaha

 
At June 15, 2008 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Shamanth Huddar said...

wow....
really neat post....
i was laughing like crazy by th time th post ended!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home