Sunday, June 24, 2007

OF WATER AND SENTIMENTS….


The thunder strikes….
The lightning bolts….
I do fear them…
Then it rains…
The pleasant and cool water…
There are no inhibitions left now…


I love rains. For the ecstasy and bliss it brings in our minds. The first rain-always mesmerizing. The cool showers seem to be like some blessing to the parched earth!! The aromatic zephyr of the wet mud!!! Even a Calvin Klein can be put to shame!!
I hate rains. For the disgust it brings out in me after the sight of those puddles, after the sight of those overflowing gutters!!

I love rains. For the nostalgic ambrosia it creates. The sweet and wet memories of childhood- getting wet in the first rains, playing in the mud until we became unrecognizable, displaying to our buddies our new set of brolly, new gumboots, et al.
I hate rains. For the sadness it brought around when it ended- no getting wet, no cool mud therapy, no splashing of water on way back home…

I love rains. For those lip smacking, worth-dying-for and hot bhajiyas and maize that you get to devour as you sit in your balcony with the special someone and behold the droplets falling from heaven and try to catch them and play with them!!! So very halcyon!!
I hate rains. For it brings an end to the mango season!! How you used to lick your elbow?? Oh mango-thy taste-utterly delicious!! Thy departure makes my heart cry out!!

I love rains. For you get the privilege of those endless holidays. Lethargy, languor, lazing around, a novel in one hand and a cuppa steamy tea in other!! Heaven. Just awesome!
I hate rains. For it brings havoc and holocaust to so many people’s lives, demolishing their homes, families…. While we were lazing around.

I love rains. For those rhythmic and romantic songs they play on the ghetto busters. Just a beautiful treat to your ears, they strike a chord with your heart…
I hate rains. For those horrendous lightning and thunder which make me shrink with fear. In the murkiness of the hours, my heart skips a beat as the rains splash.

I love rains. For they give me opportunities of those hot and steamy baths….I love the rainy evenings, love the harbinger of rains-cuckoo and lastly I love it coz right now its giving me food for writing…

7 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 at 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see we share same emotions for rain.
i really liked the poem.




AKASH

 
At July 10, 2007 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hey ths ws really nice...juss sumthing all rain lovers feel but cant put it in words..cud really relate 2 it...

 
At July 12, 2007 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Amandeep Singh said...

Great work once again !
Ur line..I hate rains for they bringup end of holidays...
oh holy mother u bring the grim reality to my senses..my college..oh No!!!
I hate rains for this too!
:(

 
At July 12, 2007 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Amandeep Singh said...

Ya..I cant live without coffee..it rruns in my bloood..I am a CCD person..have no barista actually..
Good to meet a coffee Freak!!

 
At August 21, 2007 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

liked ur post... ure good writer...keep it up..

 
At August 22, 2007 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Madhura said...

good work!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent work!

Brilliantly organised thoughts, which draw the reader in and connect them to you.

Well, I love summers and just hate rains. I hate moisture. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home