Sunday, June 24, 2007

On Being A Sleepoholic


DISCLAIMER: Insomniacs better don’t even glance at this!! Aha!! Someone’s turning green with J!!!

Ip ip ip!!!! That’s invented by me- SLEEPOHOLIC, cool na?? Now all ya sleep lovers can call yourself this!! Geeee I’m loving this word!!! Nothing can compare the satisfaction you derive on just beholding those soft and mushy bed, cozy blankets, and fluffy pillows*. Hmmmm heaven!!!

*Ooohh.. Those are the best. They give the hallucination- as if I have rested myself on the lap of cloud. Quiet poetic na?? Aha!! Can’t help it. Jus’ accentuating my literary skills!!!

And ya how can you ignore the company of those furry toys ha?? *

*Don’t ya gals love those teddy bears and giraffes ha??

I am in love. With sleep!! Sometimes it so happens that I am thinking and pondering ‘bout it-the whole day- beds, sheets and pillows constitute my reveries!! I completely love myself picturing all curled up in a blanket. Remember the famous dialogue by SRK *- I wish I had 48 hrs. in a day!! The only difference is I need them for sleep. Not for work!

*Is there anything called as sleepophobia?? He sleeps only for 3 hrs.!!

I have this recognition in my family of sleeping anytime, anywhere and anyhow!! Please I can’t possibly conceal my love for sleep*. There’s this thing called sleep intensities and sleep curves!!! Sleep curves measure my sleep intensity. My sleep curves and thereupon sleep intensity usually differ according to the circumstances!! Like the sleep curve achieves the zenith during studies of course!!

*I can put a 2month baby to shame!!!

What is sleep ha?? I often wonder… a subconscious state of your body?? A state when your whole body esp. eyes are put to rest? Huh?? Whatever those scientific definitions I think sleep is a necessity na?? Roti, kapda, makan aur sona!! Quite an irony na?? You jus’ can’t do without it!! (All you nay Sayers, go to hell)
I think I might have had some connection with a sleep conjurer and maybe I might have not adhered to his wishes and now he is back with vengeance- puts me to sleep anytime!! But I am loving the malediction (curse).

See people somehow success is directly related to the hours you sleep. Don’t laugh, you sillies. Read on…..
If you sleep more, evaporating all the tensions in your mind, you dream. You dream about being what you want to be in life. You dream of being rich, famous, beautiful, going to parties and blah blah blah…. Food for thought ha?? C’mon c’mon jus’ wake up and materialize your dreams!!

Okay. Before I put you guys and gals to sleep by my ‘not-so-intellectual’ theses on SLEEP wake up and listen to my crap rap. Tsk tsk. Wake up you lethargics.

Crap rap-
Call me a sleepoholic, cal me a sleepomaniac,
Call me whatever you want to,
But don’t call me an insomniac,
Coz that’s not true.

Coz I love sleep,
And it’s always deep,
One-day you’ll call me a creep,
Coz I don’t even wake up at the sound of the loudest beep
.

PS: I told ya it was a crap rap!! Don’t gimme a grin k??

Now adieu and my love to all you sleep penchanters!!!!

4 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Abha said...

bloody you wrote such a big blog on your sleeping passion?!?!...this wasnt expected of you..you got a nice blog out here (i had da same first layout)...would like to see you post more sensible things..

 
At July 12, 2007 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Amandeep Singh said...

@ Abha
Please dont write stuff..I ve written that tooo in my blog..
and this is VERY VERY sensible stuff..
LoL

(time to sleep..othawise I woud have written more)
;)

 
At August 22, 2007 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Madhura said...

erm...didnt like it much..
actually its not an interesting topic..its time u moved on to realistic,worldly things...dont remain at the fairy-tale stage...i'm sure u will take ur writing skills to the top..

PS: after reading that crap-rap,i slept for 2-3 hrs(tho i m not a sleepoholic)

 
At November 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Ab said...

hehe.... you blog very well///
i was one of thosde people who would sleep only during official sleep hours... 12 - 6:30
but th last six months Iv slept an avg of 9 hrs every NIGHT.. not to mention th sleep in office

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home