Sunday, June 24, 2007

THE RESOLUTION
This damned summer heat; I think getting up to drink a glass of water to quench my thirst. I work hard all day. I deserve a good night’s sleep. Obviously. But the parch ness of my throat doesn’t allow me to! Damn!

As if I am the lethargy-bug-disease-stricken patient, I drag myself towards the kitchen. The not so intense light of the refrigerator blinds me but paradoxically the air has a soothing effect. This freshens me up. I drink the cold water. Bliss. My drooping eyelids open up just as a flower blooms. What?? Am I awake at this time? 6.a.m????? Hasn’t it been ages I woke up soooooo early? The message on the fable like painting reads- you have two options when you wake up, sleep and dream or get up and chase those dreams. The choice is yours………
It takes time for me to understand what the hell does that mean??? Then it takes time for me to choose what do I chose. Chase my dream, I decide. What dream??? Oh I decide to forget the oh-so-evangelical message.

I hear the birds chirping. Wow men they are better off than Madonna!! Coffee. Yup. That’s a great idea. Oh, the coffee brewing, I love that aroma. The frothy coffee. Only the sight of it makes me fresh as morning dew. I head towards the window.

Sunrise. Wow! I leap with joy. Mother nature. Isn’t she beautiful?? And here obviously I ain’t talking bout my mom. Her name is not nature (bad one??). The sky stained with the orangish colors. Pure beauty. I smell my coffee, take a sip my and swirl it round my tongue as if drinking wine. Hmmm that tang. Always makes me feel pleasant. Another cup will do.

Wasn’t this my New Year resolution? To wake up early? Yep. It feels wonderful to abide by your resolutions. Even my mom isn’t awake. Swell with pride. From now on she won’t have to waste her time waking me up. No stress to her vocal cords!! Cool, this waking up in the morning has a morphing effect on me. I should do this every day. It’s only 6.30. I can hit the gym early today. Study something (study????). And help my mom. (YES I DO THAT).

Why not start with preparing breakfast?? Won’t my mom be at a loss of words tasting the outcome of my culinary skills? What do I prepare? Parathas, upma, poha, pancakes??
Settled. Pancakes.
(After 15 minutes). They smell excellent. Ready to be put in the oven.
6.45p.m. They would be ready to attack after 15 minutes. Hmmm lip smacking. I am sure this would be the best breakfast my mom and brother might have had. 15 minutes at hand. Pick up the newspaper, I think. Settling on the beanbag I unfold it. The news: Angelina Jolie bit by a bee on her lips. Huh??? Aren’t they already pouted enough?? What should she be looking like? Still squishy and sexy or horrendous?? Michael schuh- scuhmacer-schuhmacher (uhhhh, whatever, what’s in name?) wins Ferrari. Himesh down with throat infection. Laryngitis Huh?? Wasn’t he since he was born? Next page……
******
“What?” I scream.
“What were you thinking?? Waking up early in the morning?” my mom teases.
“And to top it all trying your hand at cooking? Wanna see those burnt pancakes??” chuckles my brother.
“You better shut up your sweet mouth.” I reciprocate.
“Don’t ever try that again or you will end up leaving the house in flames.”

ACT OF DEFIANCE:
MORAL: Resolutions are meant to be broken. And burnt.

2 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 at 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha
this one was really cool.
humorous and fun to read.



AKASH

 
At August 22, 2007 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Madhura said...

yeah......I AGREE WITH YOU..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home