Sunday, June 24, 2007

The infatuated crush

SET ABLAZED ON MY MEMORY
My memory takes me back to one of those days I experienced puppy love. I went to live at my granny’s new house for a weekend.

The house was beautiful, spacious and overlook a garden and another building. When I arrived my cousins where not at home. I decided to read the novel I had brought. I sat comfortably on the beanbag at the balcony.

After an hour of strenuous and engrossed reading, I thought of resting my vitreous humor. I gazed at the front balcony of the apartment right in front of ours.

There he was on the treadmill. Sweat dripping down his muscular strong sinewy arms.
Tall, dark and handsome. 6 feet I suppose. Ruffled hair. Perfect. I could hear hips don’t lie in the background. Cool. Our choices match.

I sat there beholding the beauty. It might have been 5 minutes or so. No answer. Usually my gazes had the boomerang effect. I used to enjoy that. But this guy was different. Here I was giving him signals and he was on his treadmill. Busy. Attitude. Maybe he belongs to the category of handsome, full of attitude and dumb guys. Maybe.

Interrupting my theses on him, my cousins called me. Next day I decided to dress myself in the best outfit I had. Jeans, I thought was perfect combined with a blue sleeveless tee. Maybe NOW he would see me with those same eyes he had avoided me.

I saw him again. Dude. Black tee, blue faded jeans. The way I usually wanted all boys to dress. He was an angel. No freckles. No crow lines on his face. I again thought of giving a try to see the possible outcomes of the “stare effect”. Zilch. I was dumbstruck. Wasn’t he a guy? Why did it hurt? Why was my heart in my mouth? Why?

“What you looking at??“ enquired one of my cousins as if sensing my disappointment. I asked her,” you know the guy who lives in front of our balcony? Why is he so prudish?” I told her bout my feelings.
“Oh that poor thing, he’s blind. Didn’t u notice?”

10 Comments:

At June 24, 2007 at 11:33 PM , Blogger mÅyµ® said...

hey manisha..nice story..nice experience..but badluck...i'll read your all stories...will visit your blog again....keep posting good stuff....!!

n thnx for inviting me 2 see ur blog...

 
At June 24, 2007 at 11:34 PM , Blogger mÅyµ® said...

hey manisha..nice story..nice experience..but badluck...i'll read your all stories...will visit your blog again....keep posting good stuff....!!

n thnx for inviting me 2 see ur blog...

 
At June 26, 2007 at 8:41 PM , Blogger themangotree said...

AMAZING.TOTALLY AMAZING.INCREDIBLY UNPREDICTABLE

 
At June 26, 2007 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Abha said...

nice one...interesting read through out

 
At July 13, 2007 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Crusader said...

hey you write well keep it up!!!!!

 
At August 22, 2007 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Madhura said...

COOL ONE..poor guy..seems real to me?

what say u,eh???? :D

 
At November 22, 2007 at 12:05 AM , Blogger busy-writer said...

haha. amazing!!!
loved this one.. total twist in the kahaani :D

:)

 
At November 28, 2007 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Zahid said...

Hey!!! i din read this earlier!!!!
Damn Unexpected !!!

you inspired me...someday i will blog my infatuated crush !!!!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Is this fact or is it fiction?

 
At July 7, 2009 at 12:13 AM , Blogger As the Mind Meanders said...

Hmmmm.. I saw that coming... but you wrote so well even when you were younger :-)

I am happy I found your blog. This one is gonna keep me busy for another day... Cheers...

Please keep writing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home