Tuesday, January 1, 2008

To My Mother, My God

Why was my mother being indifferent?
I asked myself,
As she left my hand at the gate of my school,
Tears welling down,
My cheeks turning hot,
Didn’t she care enough?

Why was she being rude?
I asked myself,
When she explained me gamut of DONOTS-
Do not play,
Do not hang out with your friends for too long,
Do not bunk lectures, et al,

Didn’t she care enough for my privacy?

What I failed to see was,
Why was she being so patient?
When I blabbered every small thing about my school, friend, and teachers,
Why was she being my mentor?
When I easily gave up,
Why was she my pillar of strength?
When I cried for hours on her shoulder,
Why would her heart bleed?
When I would hurt myself,
Why was she being my angel?
Putting wings to my dreams,
Filling me with optimism,
Turning them into reality.

Now, did I care enough?
Did I ever think that she needed to be thanked for it?
Did I ever thank god for gifting me a mother,
While others were dying so that god could bestow them with
An angel called mother?
It’s true
God cannot be everywhere,
Hence he made a mother,
Now I really want to thank god and my mom,
For, when she brightened my hope in despair,
I didn’t even bother.





Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 2, 2008 at 8:45 AM , Blogger jagadeesh said...

Woow touchy! Can feel a flow and a rhythm to the write.. like a song..

 
At January 6, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Zahid said...

You know why god coined out a palindrome for terming a 'mom' because she would care for you love you make you happy from both the sides of her thoughts....And even one day you change your direction mom should look the same to you !!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home