Friday, November 23, 2007

ARACHNOPHOBIA

Arachnophobia

The twisted fans, which were askewed at wrong angles made me think or better assured me that the class must have produced many historic and famed hooligans. The benches were dusty and there was this miasmic ambience in the class!! Who will guess that this petrifying place was my exam center?? The eerie atmosphere gave me a premonition that something bad was going to happen!!

With trembling hands I picked up my copy of question and answer. Not before I finished the first question I felt a tickling sensation on my hand. Ignoring it at the first sight, I realized what I missed to see. You know what it was??? A BIG SPIDER!! How I strangulated a scream arising from my vocal chords god only knows! I was dumbstruck, totally. My heart skipped a beat. I couldn’t help notice that it was crawling on me…ME??

I couldn’t get off it!! Thank god it ran down to my..err…answer paper!! Forgetting that I had an exam to write I started chanting fervently…name of my god, which was intervened by my thoughts about spiders.

Why couldn’t have god made them having only four legs?? A normal species has four legs. But spiders, spiders have 8 legs…how many??? 8!! So damn disgusting!! At the same time I started to think about people who could rescue me out of this situation.

1. Remember our own ol’ Garfield?? Didn’t he used to kill and gulp them down?? Why couldn’t he be here with me?? Wasn’t this spider appetizing enough?

2. OR the heartthrob Ronald Weasley!!! Remember he hates and fears spiders like anything. If he were here he could have shared this testing times…with me. Don’t you guys think Rowling attaches much importance to spiders in her novels?? Remember The Chamber Of Secrets?? And the Triwizard Tournament where Harry has to give an answer to the sphinx?? And the answer is SPIDER!! Now can she help me

3. Even the legendary Spiderman!! Does he even care for me?? What if this spider bites me and I turn into a Spiderwoman?? Why can’t he come and take off with his own tribe?? Or come to save me??

Why couldn’t this spider transcend a normal behavior and just GO?? Then something happened that I couldn’t even imagine in my wildest dream!! I just smacked it!!!! Why that killing (or gory, I would prefer) gave me a sense of happiness I can’t tell ya!! Maybe a sadistic pleasure!! That thing was dead now!! Kudos to me!! Glancing upon the rigor mortis that lay on my desk, I started writing my paper with a sigh of relief!

P.S: For all ya people who don’t know what Arachnophobia is-its fear of spiders!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2007 at 11:00 PM , Blogger ραŁŁαv said...

I hope u managed to finish off ur paper in time...cum to think of it, i guess Ron wouldnt hav been able to help u much, remember he couldnt even do well against the boggart....n spiderwoman, i guess halle berry would giv u a gud run for ur money....but i guess people do get lot of sadistic pleasure by killin creatures that they don't like. U should c the way my friend reacts wen she sees a cockroach or a mice!!!!

 
At November 26, 2007 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Zahid said...

Err...Manisha!!!! I was thinking of something else....

spiders hav 8 legs alright!!!
But Can u imagine a centipede in the same place or rather a millepede????

And the prospects of a savior from these creatures is even remote...

Ever heard of a centipedeman or millipedeman who was once bitten by a radioactive centipede??? No,I guess....

Never heard garfield or tom or top cat or swat cat or heathcliff or any other cat or dog or whatever gulping millipedes!!!

The only person who could come to your rescue then would be some non-dead relative of steve irwine from animal planet provided you dont mind a crocodile's company all the time he undergoes rescue operation.

Hmm.....Optimism says spider was the best thing to fall in that place....

And poor dear spidey!!!
REST IN PEACE and dont disturb manisha in the form of a ghost!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home