Friday, February 8, 2008

I LIVE ON THE STREET



Morbid fears pull me apart,
As I count the stars in the sky,
I know I won’t sleep tonight,
Hunger and thirst make me cry.

Morsels of food, I pick up from lanes,
Cos my stomach cries out in pain.

Tatters of rags, I pick up at random,
As they are fragile, I wear them seldom.

I sink everyday in my siblings’ tears,
In act of defiance, I pretend I don’t hear.

My throat parches up, as the summer heat grows,
I have no water to drink,
Is anyone listening to my woes?

I am drenched, as the sky pours down,
No canopy, no shelter above my head,
And in the maelstrom, am about to drown.

Praying fervently, that something thaws me,
I clatter, I shiver and turn blue in winter,
Do you feel? Do you see?

I live on street,
My abode’s my sky,
I live on street,
Someday, someone will run a car over me and lemme die!!




5 Comments:

At March 1, 2008 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Zahid said...

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

Btw do you know about the boy who used to swim on roads !!!???

 
At March 11, 2008 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Siddharth Joshi said...

u r not getting my sympathy from that! :-D

 
At April 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM , Blogger jagadeesh said...

Touching. Simple and poignant! Loved it!!

 
At April 19, 2008 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have to say it : You're one of the best writers I've seen over at the blogosphere! Excellent!

Though I believe that there are many other aspects to life on a street than just harshness, I think this poem is very honestly done. :)

 
At November 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Zaki Hasan said...

sharp and poignant
and good writing there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home