Friday, February 8, 2008

THE GOOD OLD WORLD OF CARTOONS

There’s nothing in this world, nothing which can be compared to the times we spent as a child…aah childhood!!! I guess as we grow old, we let some things pass by, we leave some things behind, like throwing tantrums, licking the melted chocolate that ran down the elbow, the fake tears could accomplish almost anything in the world, the incessant pampering by grannies, the rampant litanies to god praying him to make us ‘old’ enough to be independent and yeah,cartoon cartoons!!!

Cartoons-gee, I loved them so much!! Back from school, just sit before the television!!…and get lost amidst the web of cartoons. Wish there was such thing as TOONLAND...
And TODAY I became so nostalgic that I listed my favorite cartoons of all times:

· DEXTER’S LABORATORY: Remember ‘deedee’? This cartoon was based upon the child prodigy Dexter, who was repeatedly irritated by his sis ‘deedee’. It was so funny to see how his sister tortured him at every moment and ruined his experiments!! Didn’t we all sisters kind of learn from her? To make our sibling’s life miserable?

· X-MEN: I was totally in love with that laser eyes mutated guy!! Shit, I don’t even remember his name!!

· JUSTICE LEAGUE: the greatest amalgamation of all the superheroes. I totally loved this series!! And if you can remember the theme music, wasn’t it melodious? The series was so much filled with everything-action, love, and humor!!

· SPIDERMAN: Don’t ask me why!!

· CAPTAIN PLANET: I can still sing the song you know!! Captain planet, he’s the hero!! What cool fight he laid against environment degrading monsters!!

· THE REAL ADVENTURES OF JOHNNY QUEST: What I remember of this cartoon is that, there was a bunch of guys and gal and even a dog, who used to wear some goggles that would transfer them into another world and were they would wage a war against their enemies!! And I also remember that I was totally hooked to this cartoon… the theme music was excellent.

· THE BUGS BUNNY: The mere mention of the name makes me laugh!! Extremely funny, hilarious to the core, with a bunch of one-liners, this was sure to die for.

· THE ROAD RUNNER: Bee-beep. I used to sympathize with the opponent. Poor thing!!

· RICHIE RICH: I always thought if I had a boyfriend like him…. ;)

Well, there’s nothing like those genre of cartoons they used to make those days. Present day cartoons have reduced to an unbearable, ludicrous, and illogical heap of shit..except for some cartoons like Sponge bob Square pants and Avatar. And if this is not enough, they have this dumb Hindi translation(Gawd, they call Griffindor-Garud-dwar in Hindi...yuk!!! They can stick to the original names na??) The Avatar (If you haven’t seen it, see it now!! Trust me) was fantastic. They stopped showing even that…..pch….pch….

So which cartoons did u love or still do????CIAO!!

5 Comments:

At February 8, 2008 at 11:58 PM , Blogger DEVENDRA said...

CARTOONSSSSSSS!!! HA!!! I LOVE THEM!! DEAR I STILL LOVE THEM N READY TO WATCH ALL THOSE WHICH I USED TO WATCH IN MY BCOM DAYS. SEE YOU NEVER GET OLD, ITS ALL OUR MIND WHICH DECIDES THE AGE. MY LOVE FOR CARTOON STARTED IN MY BCOM DAYS & STIL I LOVE THEM. YOU FORGOT SOME BEST CARTOONS TO MENTION-
1)POWER PUFF GALS- WHAT A SONG IT WAS!, FIGHTING CRIME TRYING TO SAVE TO THE WORLD......
2)THE MASK- ZAKKAASSSSSS!!!
3)SWAT CATS- BAHDUR BILLAE
COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG- REMEBER THAT SWEET DOG SAVING THE OLD COUPLE
4)POPPAYE- SPINACH!!!
5)TOM & JERRY-ALL TIME HIT COMEDY
6)JOHNY BRAVO- OHHH!! LA!! LA!! HOW HANDSOME HE WAS BUT NOT A SINGLE GAL USED TO SHOW INTEREST IN HIM.
LIST IS UNENDING YAR!! WE WILL HAVE A DISCUSSION WHENEVER WE WILL MEET. BYE. I WENT THRU ALL OF UR NEW STORIES OUT OF WHICH I LIKED ONLY THIS ONE OTHERS WERE VERY PAKAU SORRY BUT THATS MY OPINION.

 
At February 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Sukanya said...

lovely post!! i used to watch all of these cartoons.. Johnny Quest, Captain Planet. Ninja robots, Swat Kats n all..

 
At March 1, 2008 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Zahid said...

Oye where is tom and jerry....Dont tell me you hate choohe billi ka khel !!! Err...CAt and mouse games !!! Err... Eluka pilli aatalu !!! Err...Hic Hic Hic...

Oye and wat with spiderman huh?? why do you love it so much???

Are you a arachnophobic or arachnomaniac ???

 
At March 18, 2008 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love each and every one of the cartoons you mentioned here! (especially Road Runner)

and Justice League seriously had The best theme music! Still sends shivers down my spine!!!

But what about Batman? It was awesome too!

Then there is Dragon Ball Z.

Well, Nice post! Thanks to you, I now have the Justice League music playing in my head, and it's beautiful!

 
At March 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Quaintzy Patchez said...

Ha!

Here are mine.. Cardcaptor Sakura, Silent Mobius, Teen Titans, not to mention all tose you watched too! :)

and so many more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home